Satu Daging, Satu Malaysia *click

>> Sunday, 30 August 2009

Quite recently I've developed this strange love for this country we call Home.

I haven't been to enough countries to think Malaysia is the best place to live in; nor have I fully experience the real Malaysia.

So why this strange love? There are so many things to dislike: our inefficiency, our mindless politicking, our immature attitude of putting ALL the blame on someone else, our childish indecisiveness, our amazing cleanliness, our attitude of all talk but no action, our love-hate relationship with foreign workers, our high crime rates, our wonderfully monstrous drivers, our crazy exam-oriented education system (INSANITY!), our low appreciation for brains which causes brain drain, our cynicism, the way we seem to embrace foreign culture (well fish n' chips and pasta ARE yummy)...

These definitely are enough reasons for me to fleee.

And then there are things that I find it so endearing: our unique Manglish, sinful food (who doesn't love kuihs and rendang :), warm hot humid weather that we never have to worry about, our lackadaisical and tidak apa attitude, our multilingual ability (woohoo!), our (seemingly?) peaceful multicultural society.

Uhmm, anymore?

The flaws outnumber the good I can think of (and remember) of Malaysia. Maybe I take the understanding and respect between people of different races and religion for granted, or maybe I've never noticed the little things that is going around in the country.

I have to agree that the 1Malaysia concept is really really good. I'm still young and naïve in all these "big adult stuff", hence I don't have the cynical eye of Sime. But come on la, at least we have a leader who's good in copywriting eh? XD

As a country 52 is still young but I think that is no excuse for us. Everyone's got to grow up and face the real world some day, and for us that someday may not be that far after all.

I wonder if we're making any progress towards maturity, albeit silently.

Yeah I love cheese and the darling British accent OHGAWD but what the heck, I suka our kuih-muih lagi baik :D Happy Merdeka!

Check out the 15Malaysia videos if you haven't! They're awesome! <3

1 voices:

Isi (Esther),  15/11/2009, 11:46  

haha i saw some of the 15 malaysia videos and they're soo funny! made me study extra hard the next day though coz it was exam period and i spent too much time on it.

i miss the weather!!!! and food and shopping and the way we rojak all the languages together and rojak and ais kacang and cendol (well we have them here but much more expensive) sighhh =(

ps. if you eat fish n chips few days in a row you get REALLY sick of it. and pasta... same thing coz it's so fattening and cheesy!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP