Choir competition

>> Thursday, 28 June 2007

Currently listening to: Nobody Drinks Alone - Keith Urban

Choir competition. Open day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY YU NING!

GAH CURSE THE JUDGES.
1st place: SMJK Catholic
2nd place: SMKBU4
3rd place: SMK Seafield
Anugerah juri: SMKBU2 (WTF?!)
Best conductor: SMKBU4

SMKBU2 has like 20+ people with NO conductor. They say they need 35 people, including pianist and conductor. They hv 2 soloist. VERY solo. As in they are in the spotlight while the choir is just like background music.
WHAT TYPE OF CHOIR IS THIS?!
We deserve much more better. I mean, looking at CHS and BU4 (oh, btw, I saw Rachel xD) I know it's like so hard to beat them (esp CHS). But I mean Anugerah Juri to a choir which is SOOOOO unlike choir?! WTF?!

To somebody: Choir is a teamwork game. (What's the word that Pn. Cecilia uses again?) It's not a one-man show. So you cant really blame other ppl in our team. You are welcomed to curse the judges though.

Hmm, Seafield. They dont seem very nice. They dont sound very nice. But that time we were lining up outside so cannot really judge la. I love the turquoise uniform! They wore Baju Melayu and Kebaya I think. There's this cute Seafield guy who took our group photo. xD He's cute la, Waning!
CHS sang Sound of Music. Jaw-dropping. GODLY. HEAVENLY. (insert more positive adjectives here). Even their gestures were so synchronised. I love their golden skirt xP
It seems like only our repertoire is the most contrasting. Swaying coconut trees/lalang against sexayy sassayy jazzayy blues. COME ON LA JUDGES!!! Dont judge us by our uniforms and lambs and stews!

Tracy arranged us to have choir exchanged with a S'pore school this December! Ooh! x)

Tracy and Suzanna and Regina thought we sang well. They said we could get something aka anugerah juri.

CURSE YOU JUDGES. I felt like crying when they announced that SMKBU2 got anugerah juri. I mean, come on la! The judges must hv not been in a choir before. Being a composer doesnt mean that they know what should be in the choir. Hmm.
Of course I wasnt unhappy for long. I know we deserve so much better than this. It was the first time that I felt like we were winners in our heart. The afternoon sessions cheered for us! They clapped! They laughed! It was such an ecstatic feeling. It was like a booster dose. We were confident in grabbing something from this hot dewan and be shouting and screaming in the bus for 15 minutes until we reached school.
Apparently, not.
CURSE YOU, JUDGES.
Joanne cried. Khei Sze and Justine (she's so cool) wanted to cry. I could see tears in their eyes. And I too wanted to cry. I'm very easily influenced. But, yes, I wanted to cry. I so wanted to cry. But I know we did great. WE ARE GREAT. Just somehow those 5 ppl just dont appreciate blues and fun and smiling faces and snaps and glissando's!
Maybe next time they should invite other judges. Non-Malaysian perhaps. Or judges who dont know the existence of CHS and BU4 and Seafield and other whatnots. It's fairer.
Hving 2 soloist singing free-style is NOT a good choir. The girls' voice may be loud. And good. But! What's the use of hving a choir competition if we are supposed to sing like that?! That's MI/One in a Million/Akademi Fantasia la! CHOIR IS TEAMWORK, NOT A ONE-MAN (two-ladies) SHOW.
Sighhhhhhhh.
CURSE YOU JUDGES.
Call me a sore loser. I dont care. Cuz we did GREAT. WE ROCK LIKE STONES AND PEBBLES OK.
CURSE YOU JUDGES. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF GAH &^$%$#!**)(_(*%&@&^&%$&^$#%&*@
I just hope someone would feel unfair for us besides us and Tracy and Regina and Suzanna and Pn. Cecilia.
IT'S SO UNFAIR.
Life still has to go on. (My results suck. Trials is almost a month away!!)
Nvm. We were great. The guys were great. The alto's were great. The soprano's were great. It was the first time that I didnt use much effort to sing the high G note! I'm so proud.
Of course, some 5 people dont acknowledge these.
CURSE YOU JUDGES.
I shall not curse BU2. Cuz it were the judges who decide who should win, not them. I dont care if they enter or not. Clearly they're not ready to enter. No conductor some more!
CURSE YOU JUDGES.
CHS is so nice! The hills are alive, with the sound of music...
We are great. Acknowledge us la. If only you ppl were there, then you know how unfair and dejected and disappointed and sad we're feeling right now.

0 voices:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP